French settlers spanning out from the Detroit area settled this area around 1779. Some of these families include Couchez, Frazho, Fresard, Maison, Trombley, and Vernier. L'Anse Cruise (deep bay) was this colony's first name. It was renamed to St. Clair Shores when it was incorporated as a village in 1925, with Daniel N. Davis as its first president. It was given this name because of its location on the shores of Lake St. Clair. On February 15, 1927, Russell W. Swhier became the villages' first postmaster. It was incorporated as a city in 1950. To Search homes for sale in St. Clair Shores Click Here.
DON'T MISS A NEW LISTING AGAIN!
FREE AUTOMATED EMAIL UPDATES
Provided through IDX via MiRealSource. Courtesy of MiRealSource Shareholder. Copyright MiRealSource.
The information published and disseminated by MiRealSource is communicated verbatim, without change by MiRealSource, as filed with MiRealSource by its members. The accuracy of all information, regardless of source, is not guaranteed or warranted. All information should be independently verified.
Copyright 2018 MiRealSource. All rights reserved. The information provided hereby constitutes proprietary information of MiRealSource, Inc. and its shareholders, affiliates and licensees and may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopy, recording, scanning or any information storage and retrieval system, without written permission from MiRealSource, Inc.
Information last updated on 2018-09-21.